Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Residents - Animal Lover (2005)

This is perhaps the best place for a Rez novice to start - it may still be terrifying and bizarrely dark, but it is relatively "accessible" - very emotional songs ("My Window," "What Have My Chickens Done Now?," "Elmer's Song" etc.). It was my first Residents album and for several listens through I was petrified, but too fascinated to stop. Welcome to another place!

-Released on Mute
-2005
-US
-
1. On The Way (To Oklahoma)
2. Olive and Gray
3. What Have My Chickens Done Now?
4. Two Lips
5. Mr. Bee's Bumble
6. Inner Space
7. Dead Men
8. My Window
9. Ingrid's Oily Tongue
10. Mother No More
11. Dreaming of an Anthill (Teeming)
12. Elmer's Song
13. The Monkey Man
14. The Whispering Boys
15. Burn My Bones

Listen:
Download (@320)
Info (scroll down to bottom for links to pesudo-reviews/analyses)
Lyrics

No comments: